Friday, November 20, 2009

healthy or not??

Life in the Wynn house has been crazy this week.

I always thought over all we were a pretty healthy family. Now I am starting to wonder what's going to go wrong next.

We had been dealing with Jade coughing alot for almost 2 years now. We come to find out its Asthma. So she is on a bedtime medication and an inhaler. I spoke with the doctor yesterday and she suggested we slowly take her off the inhaler and she how she does. If she doesn't do well its possible she will need another medication or a different type of inhaler.

My diet is not going well. I hear someone say diet and I eat more. I have done some changes in my food but I feel I am still eating as much as I was. I have added more veggies to my meal (always make for the kids but eat more now myself). I have cut back on dressings and cheese I use on my salads. I have tried cutting out the pop. Was down to one can a day. Thankfully the Mt. Dew is gone now! That should help. My legs have been hurting more than they ever did before. I was doing physical therapy twice a week but this week I canceled the second day since I was still hurting from the first day. The physical therapist did comment that I am walking better with my new shoes! We've done some exercises that I have also been able to do at home. So I will continue to try getting this diet thing down. I was telling myself last night as I fought my cravings that I need to do this for my kids. If I am not healthy and somethings happen to me I can't be here to take care of my kids. So for my kids I need to do this!

For about 8 months or so Maddison has periodically thrown up a few times. Its nothing consistent and I haven't pinpointed it being from a certain food at all. She is a very picky eater. She seems to more of a snacker than a meal eater. The first time this happen we were in the van driving home and she was eating some crackers and out of the blue she threw up. Oh it was not fun to clean up. I was so sad for her thinking she had the flu bug. Then later that week she was eating in her highchair and again she threw up. So long story short she has done this a few times. Even when we have been eating out! Luckily those 2 times were at Grandma Robin's Cafe so it was easy to ask for help cleaning it up. A few months ago at the doctors they told me to watch what she was eating and see if it continues. Well it has. She threw up this week in the kitchen and surprisingly this time she had NO tears. My little girl did not cry because this must now feel normal to her. I have also with the help of my sister discovered that she burps alot. After that and remembering she did it 2 weeks ago in the bathtub I made her another appt. I was told yesterday that she probably just has a more sensitive tummy. The doctor said to give her small amounts of food at a time. Ok but this it my child who doesn't eat well. She hardly eats what I give her and you want me to give her less? She has gained a pound in the last month. That is a good thing. I guess I was happy when I left that I wasn't told there was something seriously wrong with my little girl but at the same time I feel like I got no answers. Well last night got me more worried than I was before. We put her to bed at 9pm. We heard her talking and playing in her crib. Well all of a sudden Hubby got up and went to her room. Here he heard her make a noise and went to check on her. She had thrown up in her crib. She has never done this at night. Thankfully he heard and we were able to clean her up and put her back to bed. How do I know if this doctor is to trust? How do I know if my child just has a sensitive tummy and nothing more serious?Check Spelling

Then there is little Mason. He tilts his head to one side. Not sure why. We have an exercise to work on that will hopefully correct this.

To top it all off we've had great health insurance through Hubby's work. However at the 1st of the year its going from good coverage to BAD. Very bad.

No comments: