Thursday, September 24, 2009

In a perfect world...

So maybe some of you are wondering what I did on Tuesday when I had the day off. Maybe others just don't care. Well, I am going to tell you either way! I went to the newspaper place in town and paid more money to extend my ad in the paper for daycare. These ads in our local paper kind of seem like a no win situation. Sometimes you put an ad in and get tons of calls other times you get nothing. This is week 3 of my ad. Of course it costs money to make money. I do not have any new kids starting because of my ad in the paper. The child who was supposed to start tomorrow isn't starting now.

So after that the 2 little ones and I took a drive. We drove for an hour and looked at a house! Now I have driven by this house before and saw it was for sale. Something about it had caught my eye. Maybe that it looks well kept up from the outside. Maybe location. Maybe a little bit of both. I feel this need to move. How? When? Why? Where? You might be wondering these things. Well so am I. I have no idea if this is even slightly possible. I have no idea if it can work. Yes, we should have thought about this 1.5 years ago. We have 2 houses where we are at now. One we would gladly give away (renter and drama included)!

Anyways, I hadn't told anyone I was going to but I met the realtor there and looked at the house. Strangely as I was waiting for him to show up the neighbor lady with 2 small children of her own came over to visit with me. Here her Husband drives here to work every day. So I guess people do drive for work. Ok so I was kind of hoping that the house would be in terrible shape. I was hoping it would be dirty. I was hoping it would be a terrible lay out. I was really hoping the worse. Well, it was a great layout, clean, very well kept, and great use of space kind of house. So did I like it. Yes, too much. I didn't want to like it. It would have made it easier to be happy where I am at. If you have seen my sister's house it is some what similar. Very comparable. It is a bit smaller than our current home but has potential for a 4th bedroom. The 4th bedroom is complete except would need a window. The one draw back to the home is the garage is only a one car and we currently have a 2.5 car garage that we love. Its possible in time though a garage could be added in the back of the house you would enter through an alley. The home was built in 1985. The owners have passed away and the children now own the home but live hours away and very much want to get it sold.

In a perfect world the realtor would have been more professional and wouldn't have started smoking while he was showing me the yard (remind you that I did have the 2 little ones with me). In a perfect world we could list our current home and it would sell for what we were told it was worth (looked a 2 months ago by realtor). In a perfect world it would sell in 1 week. In a perfect world our crazy renter would bring us $70,000 cash for our little house. Is it a perfect world? No its not.

I could go on with this perfect world stuff- I will save that for another post.

I took pictures of the house. However after we looked at the house we went and met my sister for lunch and then went to her house for awhile. I left my camera there. Yes, its driving me crazy not having it. I just keeping hoping I don't miss a great camera moment with the kids.

So I finally told my hubby I looked at the house. I just told him lastnight. I tried to act like I forgot to mention it. Of course he knew I didn't just forget. Now this realtor is not professional at all. He told me if I wanted to show hubby the house I could call him and get the code to get in! Hmm, maybe they will let me move in a few days to try the place out too. So now hubby wants to look at it. So I don't know. He said lastnight he could drive to work each day until he found something closer. But here's the thing. He has had the same job for 11 years. Does a person know anything else after 11 years of doing the same thing every day.

So I don't know if this will come of anything. I do know that we can not have 3 houses. Maybe its just anther one of my dumb ideas and I will be onto something else tomorrow. Maybe not. Maybe someone wants an investment and would buy it for me! Well until my current house sells.

If you read all of my last post it says this is my blog and I can blog what I want... my kind of free therapy. Well if this was real therapy and I was really sitting in a little office would the therapist tell me I was crazy? Would she give advice? Or just take notes and tell me when my hour is up?

Yeah, that's what I thought. My hour is up! Until next time.

1 comment:

Nik said...

For a wide variety of reasons, I totally get the sensation of wanting to move..whether its just to a new house for a new layout and differnt set up for my family in some way..or a REAL move and whole different place all together...but the idea of both terrifies me under it all!
Someday when we are more finacially secure, and my dd is more settled into her own future, we will.....and it will work out for you too!