Friday, September 4, 2009

A busy week




Wow, were did the week go? I can not believe its already Friday. My baby is a week old today. We've had a very busy week.
Monday afternoon we had some company. Then we had a trip to the ER with Mason late at night. He just kept pooping. Yes, I know babies do that but it was non-stop. His little bottom was so red. He wasn't eating for me and you could hear his tummy just a rumbling. He woke up at 10pm and cried until 3am. It was then that I decided it was better to take him in and make sure he was ok. I will say the doctor was very nice. The nurse however made me cry. She really made me feel like I was stupid and had no idea what I was doing. Well, when it comes to my children I would rather waste my time driving to the ER and find out nothing is wrong than to sit at home and find out later I should have taken them in.

The doctor said 2 things. 1) he tried to tell me my baby is colic. 2) he said he has an immature bowel system. He also said not to change formula because it takes too long for babies to get used to a certain kind. I really wish I would of had the balls to tell the nurse if it wasn't for people like me freaking out at 3am and making maybe an unnecessary trip to the ER she wouldn't have a job!

So then Tuesday came and we visited the new pediatrician here in town we choose to be Mason's doctor. He was very nice and gave me some good information. He did not seem to agree with what the ER doctor had told me. He checked Mason over and said he seems to be doing well. We do go back next week again to have him weighed. Today Mason is eating very well. The pooping has slowed down and no I do not think he is colic. I think he just happen to have a really tough night. He has started to eat and the pooping is starting to slow down!

Wednesday we has more company! Wednesday night I gave Jade a hair cut. It actually turned out really well. Abby's makes me a bit more nervous as her hair is thicker. I am not sure I will tackle hers.

Thursday morning Grandma Robin and Aunt Molly came to watch the kids while Hubby and I took Abby to kindergarten! She got a chance to meet her teacher, some of her classmates and look around the classroom. Then we went to Burger King for lunch with grandma and Aunt Molly. Jade went back in the evening and got a chance to meet her teacher. I also had a daycare interview in the afternoon! It seemed to go well and I should hear from them this weekend or early next week if they want the spot.

Today is also another busy day. My baby is one week old!! We took hubby lunch today at work and also got to see Grandpa Tucker! Mason is not only named after his daddy he is also named after his Grandpa Tucker who's real name is Danny! For some reason though he always gets called Tucker. And yes, its just Danny. Alot of times hubby will get asked if his real name is Daniel. So anyways, we enjoyed lunch outside on a broken picnic table! This afternoon Mason is going to get his pictures taken! He's been sleeping all day so I hope that means he is awake for them.
Tomorrow I am going to my grandparents house. They are having an auction. I am sure there will be enough people there who will want to help with my children since I am taking all 4 of them by myself. At least I am hoping! Hubby found out he has to work tomorrow. This sucks because we had plans but its awesome considering just weeks ago they didn't even get 40 hours of work each week. Now an extra day! Its very much needed.
Hopefully next time it won't take me so long to post. I tried the other day to get on the computer and Maddison thought it would be fun to turn the computer off! I didn't have the energy to turn it back on.
Oh and sometime during the week my headaches went away!

1 comment:

Nik said...

Glad to hear your headaches have gone away and it sounds like things are settling in well enough.

With kids back to school, new baby and dc again soon enough (too soon I am sure.....it sounds crazy for you!