Monday, August 31, 2009

Here's my baby boy!






Its great to be home! Everyone in the Wynn house is doing well and doing their best to adjust to having baby Mason in the family. Having Mason was alot different than having Maddison. Things went much quicker the second time around. So quick the nurse didn't seem to think I needed pain medication. I started getting induced at about 8am and he was born at 1:31pm! They gave me a spinal since I was to far along for the epidural (that wasn't my fault either, ya think the nurse would have paid better attention). So anyways, I got a spinal like 30 minutes before Mason was born and it was a waste of time. The guy who came in to do the spinal said I would have a pain level of 4 and not a 10. Four means its not bad I can take this and 10 means I think I am dieing. Well my pain was at a 10. Afterwards the nurse asked me how my legs felt and I was like they are fine. I had no numb feeling in them. She said that the spinal wasn't done the way the other medicine guy does them (I am sure they have a better name than medicine guy). Oh well. I survived it! I got my baby boy!
Mason is a bit of a stinker when its time to eat though. He likes to take his time. He tends to lift the top of his tongue up so then he can not suck on the bottle. So we are working on that. Taking our time when we feed him. If course like the other children in my home Mason looks like his daddy.
I missed it with all the excitement going on but Danny said Mason pooped on the doctor as he was being born! I guess it was pay back for letting his mommy be over-due!
The girls got spoiled by grandma while I was in the hospital. Grandma bought food and filled my frig. She even made the whole family supper lastnight. My brothers (even Ted from Wyoming) came to visit and my sister helped with the girls as well and came for supper lastnight with her baby. We had a full house.

I am feeling good. I feel much better this time around than when I had Maddison. However I have been getting some unwanted headaches. I hope they don't stick around too long though.







3 comments:

mom4 said...

glad you and baby are home and doing well and all the girls adjusting

~Dinah said...

Congrats! :D He's beautiful! Remember to take care of yourself -- hope those headaches go away!

mom4 said...

hope all going well and your enjoying your new baby and getting some rest . i remember with the girls i did not needs as much as the first but i got less having to so young and two older ones to