Monday, July 27, 2009

Therapy 101

I must be having one of those days.... I think this is my 3rd post for the day and its only 2:00pm.

Sometimes for me this blogging thing is just a way to get information out there to family and friends about what we've been up to and other times its like FREE therapy for me! I mean really, why go pay someone to sit and listen to me talk and have them stare back at me when I can just type what I want to say and have the screen stare back at me instead of some women or man called a therapist!

So anyways, onto what I have to say. For some reason its been one of those days I guess you could call emotional. I keep thinking about the things I want to change or control and I can't. I am frustrated.

Years ago a friend of mine had a baby a few months too early. Thankfully he is ok and is now 3 years old! I remember at the time her commenting on how she missed out on the feeling of those last few months of being pregnant. When you hurt all over, you can't hardly get out of bed unless your husband helps you, the baby kicks harder and you see your stomach move. Well at the time I didn't think much of it. I had absolutely no idea what it felt like to be pregnant. I didn't know how it felt to carry a precious baby. I was well, clueless. But now I know. I know what its like to spend that last month waiting for your baby to arrive. That last month of wondering if you are having a contraction or not.

I am I frustrated today that my sister isn't going to know what that is like. You only get to have your 1st child one time.

I know that God works hard and does amazing things for so many people but he also does some things that I just don't understand. I know we will never always have the answers we sometimes look for or know why things happened the way they did. But I love my sister and I am frustrated this had to happen. I know I need to think positive and I am forever greatful she is ok and that her baby girl is ok.

If I wasn't so hugely pregnant I probably wouldn't be so emotional but I just want to make it all ok. I just want the best for my sister. I want her to be able to take her baby home.

3 comments:

~Dinah said...

We are all given different experiences to make the best of. God knows what he's doing! Hugs!

DM Selly said...

Sounds like your neice is doing good. I read her caringbridge site this morning. Even though Kai wasn't born premature, it brings back memories of when he was in the NICU. It sounds like Faith is growing strong and each day she will get stronger. I remember trying to get Kai to met the goals so that he could come home. Faith will meet those goals too and be home soon with her family. Thinking of her, you and your family!

Amy said...

thanks ladies.