Wednesday, July 29, 2009

False Alarm

So yesterday was an interesting day. The morning was a bit busy with getting Jade to church for adventure week and the other kids and I went to the donut shop! We enjoyed a donut and apple juice and then went to the library. Its been too long since I took kids to the library for story time and it worked out perfect yesterday. Maddison sat in her stroller the whole time and was very well behaved. After story time we were invited to the conference room to make puppets. So we went back there for a short time until Maddison got mad I wouldn't let her have more than one marker at a time. It was bad enough she had one! So then we gathered up our things and came home.

I wasn't feeling the greatest and felt some pain in my back and also my left side. I had an apt. this afternoon but didn't know if I should wait that long to go in or go in early. So I spoke with a nurse and she suggested I come in. So I went in yesterday afternoon. Now if you know my mother you will know that she likes to know what is going on. So I knew I had to call her and tell her what I was doing. Of course she wanted to know if she should come here. I told her it was up to her and that I just wanted her to know I was going before I went and not call and tell her after. So when hubby got home I went in. Wow its a very long walk from the parking lot to the OB clinic. I thought I was going to need a wheel chair.

I actually saw a different doctor than I usually do. She was really nice and gave me great information right away. I kind of wish she was my doctor. Mine sometimes seems kind of ditsy! But anyways, I was probably having some false contractions due to maybe stress. Oh yes, stress. Who doesn't have stress? My blood pressure is still good. When I was pregnant with Maddison my blood pressure went up some at the end of my pregnancy. So far so good. The baby is in the right position. I am good to have the baby any time but from the sounds of it it won't be any time soon. I am just about 35 weeks along! So yesterday was a false alarm. Oh and both my mom and dad were here when I got home! So we went to Perkins for supper since the kids could eat free lastnight! My mom also did my dishes for me!

Yesterday I did get bags packed. I think at first Abby wasn't really sure what was going on. I packed a suitcase for the girls to share. My thinking was it would be easier for someone to just take clothes out of there for the girls (yes, easier for hubby to) when I go into labor. I also thought it would be real easy if the girls need to go to someones house they just need to grab the suitcase. Well of course being 5 years old you understand that a suitcase of clothes means you get to go to a sleepover. I did my best to explain to her that it was for later and we didn't get to go to a sleepover yet. She was very sweet though. She said I needed something in my suitcase to remind me of my children! I asked her why. She said when I go to the hospital I might miss my girls and if I have something to look at I won't be sad! So we found a picture of the hubby and the girls for me to take along with me.

So for now no baby yet.

1 comment:

~Dinah said...

Glad you are keeping your bun in the oven for the well done version! :) But I'm sure you are ready to be done!