Thursday, July 2, 2009

not so good evening

So I wasn't having a very good evening last night. I was just bumbed out about how stressful our current renter has been. Hubby went over there to collect the rent check. Our old renters used to drop it off but our current renter does not drive. Well, Hubby came home and handed me the check. It wasn't signed. So I gave it to him and said he had to call and tell her he was coming back to get it signed. Well, he wasn't in the mood to go back over there so he tells me to call her today and let her know he'll stop over at 3pm. Now I had already spoken to her yesterday on the phone when she called. This is a lady you have to expect at least a 20 minute conversation from each time you speak with her. Its the type of call that you could probably put the phone down and come back 5 minutes later and she wouldn't know. So do you think I wanted to plan on calling her.... NO.... I am the one who is home during the day and has to take her calls. I am the one who has to take the neighbors calls when he calls to tell me the police were called at 4am and went to his house instead of hers. So NO I did not want to plan on calling her.

When Hubby was over there she again for the 5th time brought up the fact she cleaned the oven. Well, both my Hubby and I went through the house and did what we felt needed to be done before she moved in. If she brings this up again I am going to seriously tell her to get over it. Its over and done with. Now she is telling us she wants a new door on the garage, a screen door on the house, and something about a lock on the garage. Well I am sorry but its a rental. If she wanted to brand new quality she should have rented a new house. In my opinion she gets what she saw when she looked at the house. I am going to tell her that as well too.

The problem is my Hubby is too nice! He won't tell her. He will make me do the dirty work so I look like the bad person.

So anyways, I was having a bad evening. I wasn't happy. So I decided that Maddison and I would go shopping! That always makes a person feel better right? Well, we went to Kohl's and I bought nothing for myself of course but I did find a nice gift to buy for a baptism! Its not really planned yet but I know its going to be in the near future.

When I got home I found that Hubby had washed all the rugs and laid them outside to dry. So he must have been listening to me after all!

No comments: