Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Evaluation

So today I took Maddison in for her 15 month check-up. Sometimes I think these doctors just tell you something so you shut up and leave the office. Other times I think yeah, ok they really gave me good advice.

We had Maddison in when she was 14 months old to get her ears checked. She was fine! I commented she wasn't walking yet. The doctor told me not to worry and that at her 15 month check-up we would talk about it again and see where she was at. Then we'd talk about an evaluation. Ok fine.

So today we talk about her not walking yet. Now the doctor tells me that when she comes in for her 18 month check-up we will look at if she is walking. Ok what the heck happen to doing that at 15 months? I know there will be a day she will walk. I am not worried about that. I just want to know why I was told we'd do some type of evaluation at 15 months and now they tell me to wait until 18 months.

I know from working with children if it was someone elses child I would probably tell them every child is different and yours will walk when they are ready. Yes, so will mine. Its just hard as a parent not to worry.

I can see already what is going to happen. I am going to have my baby and it will turn a month old at the same time Maddison turns 18 months old. I will call to make their apts. They will nicely schedule them for the same day at the same time and with the same crazy doctor. So then I will somehow have to carry both my babies into the clinic at the same time! Then they will schedule Maddison for an evaluation because she won't be walking yet. So then I will have to worry about how to get her to the apt. and what to do with the baby. I can't leave the baby with the sub in my daycare until its 6 weeks old and more than likely I won't be ready to leave the baby until its much older. Oh just one more thing to worry about.

I know when my daughter will walk......THE DAY AFTER AN EVALUATION! So why can't we do it now!?!

No comments: