Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My brother Ted

Have you met Ted? He's my brother. He's the 3rd child in the family out of 4. His real name is Theodore but its not too often you hear him called that. He used to go by Teddy alot until he got alittle bit older and probably decided Ted was easier and faster to write than Teddy or Theodore. He is actually named after one of my Dad's favorite uncles who passed away at a young age. My dad and his uncle wanted to farm together but he passed away before that was able to happen. Being the first boy in our family my dad named him after his uncle. Oh any my girls sometimes call him Teddy bear.

On the 4th of July my brother came to visit and was looking at the pictures on my blog. He couldn't figure out why he didn't have a picture on here. Yet he wasn't too willing to let me take his picture either. So now he can't say he's not on here!

My brother Ted and I are kind of alike in some ways. I am the first girl born into the family where he was the first boy. I like to be right all the time and win all arguments as well as he does. The two of us can argue but neither one of us really win. We both seem to think we got it "all" figured out. We both listen to our dad better than our mom when it comes to listening to advice. Oh and yes we are the spenders in the family. We don't how to save money for nothing. So we are alike in those ways.

Now a week ago I got a text message from my brother at 6:15am. I am not sure why he has to sending me messages that early but he did and this is what it said-

I am moving to Wyoming.

Now about 2 years ago I got an actual phone call from him telling me he was moving to Texas. Well that wasn't true. He was joking. He was just going with my grandparents for a small vacation. So naturally though I read it twice thinking maybe the first time I didn't see the words- Just kiding!

Well I texted him back. No response. I texted him again. No response. I texted him again. No response. Then I was more furious than I had been in the first place. You don't send your big sister a message that you are moving 10 hours away without some kind of details.

So as the day went on I emailed my sister and got some more information on the situation. And sure enough its NO JOKE.

My brother has decided to take a job offer in Wyoming. I am very happy for him but I will admit I am also sad to see him go. Sometimes its hard to believe he will be 23 the end of August. He's still my little brother but he's not so little anymore.

Well, after 2 days went by he finally had the chance to call me and actually talk to me about his plans. He had gone out to Wyoming with some classmates from college in the Spring to interview with this company. At the time he wasn't interested in taking the job because of location. Now after looking at what's available around here he has decided that maybe giving it a try isn't a bad idea after all. There are 3 people out there working that he knows from class. He will drive out there with his things the end of this month and be gone for 4 days. Then he will come back and enjoy a couple weeks yet in Minnesota (hopefully he visits me again). He will leave for Wyoming then August 15th. He will be able to come home to visit at times when he has off from work. They work many hours and then get 7 days off in a row!

I did for warn him that mom can't drive over in the afternoon to clean his place up like she has done before.



No comments: