Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oh its hot out

I recall that I was complaining just last week to some other daycare providers that I wasn't going to have many kids to watch this summer. Now as most of you know no kids means no income. So I was a bit stressed. I was worried. Well what was I thinking? I have 9 kids here today. A family of 2 I thought was going to be done is still coming this week and today I also have 2 drop-ins. So that is 4 more kids than I was thinking I would have last week. This is crazy. By 11am I was worn out and ready for a nap! There is no way I can have 9 kids every day this summer. They are all little. My 2 big girls are the oldest and the rest are 2.5 yrs old or younger.

Did you know its hot! I have heartburn! I thought I had the heartburn under some control with the medication I am allowed to take and cutting back on my diet coke and chocolate. Well I read some information lastnight about heat and pregnancy. It told me to drink orange juice. I felt so miserable lastnight so what do you think I did. I went and got orange juice. Well, now I am thinking it's making the heartburn worse! Then today my hubby is home and was supposed to put the AC window unit in. ITS NOT IN. What he's waiting for I don't know. Its already 3:30 in the afternoon. He even had the nerve to ask me if I was hot today. I mean can he not see the sweat dripping off of me.

But anyways, I know the way I have felt the last few days that my goal is to make it through to the middle of July. If I still feel this way I am going to have cut back on my work. Its not going to be easy on the check book but I know that it might just be what's best. That or I need a maid. Somehow our underwear need to get washed!

Speaking of maids- Did you know my brother T has a maid! Yes, he is currently working and living with a farmer and his family. They have a maid! She is an older lady who cleans the house, does laundry and makes lunch! I wonder if I could barrow her for a few weeks!?! And why of all people to get a maid it would have to be him! He is so lazy when it comes to doing his laundry and cooking. He has it made- she even pours his milk at lunch!

Well, I am done complaining now! But I will say having to be pregnant in the summer gives me the right to pick my baby's name. Not my hubby!

Oh and p.s. Did I mention I had a lady call me today that I don't even know! She talked to me for 20 minutes like we were best friends. Then at the end of the conversation she mentioned how she got my number- she is friends with an older lady that I have known for many years. Most of my family has heard me mention Mary Q. Well I just finally spoke with Mary a few days ago because she has been in another state. It was supposed to be a short 6 month stay but she fell and hurt her foot. She has to wait for the doctors to ok her to come back to MN. She was thinking since I am pregnant I would enjoy talking with her friend. Ok nice thinking but all I really need is AC!

1 comment:

~Dinah said...

lol...about the conversation!

I hope you feel better & find a way to stay cool!