Tuesday, June 16, 2009

alittle bit of whatever

So not every day as a daycare provider is the same. Some days go by really fast and others you wonder if the clock is a bit off or if parents forgot to pick up their child. There are days we are able to spend alot of time outside and run around and days like to today that wet and we are stuck inside.

On Friday I took the kids for a walk. I had a few smaller children and my big girls and one other 5 year old. We were walking along and I saw a green thing hanging by someones house door. I pointed to it and asked the girls what they thought it was. I didn't know. I just thought we could use our imagination and take a guess! The 3 big girls looked at me like I was dumb for asking. They said almost at the same time "Its a hanging tomato plant". Now I hadn't heard about hanging tomato plants before so I said "What makes you think that"? Of course they had an answer. They looked at me again like I was nuts and said they knew it because it was on TV! I guess I don't watch enough TV.

Well, today is one of those days you wonder if it will ever end. I woke up at 4am not feeling the best. I couldn't sleep well with it being so hot. My Hubby bought me a house with NO AC. What was he thinking? Our window unit will be going in ASAP tomorrow on his day off. So I tried to sleep but then it started raining so I could hear the rain. Then at 5am I could hear Hubby getting up and leaving for work. He seemed rather loud today. By the time I got to sleep it was time to get up because the alarm was buzzing.

The day started out ok once I was up and made breakfast and kids played well. We made father's day cards. Then all of sudden 11:30 comes around and a daycare girl got sick all over my dining room floor. When things like this happen you have to stand back and just be thankful they don't happen every day. Well, it wasn't going well. Child was crying (she is only 2.5), the 11 month old was getting fussy because he wanted out of the high chair. So I went to grab paper towels and of course I started gagging. Jade tells me to leave it for dad.

Now can you imagine what he would have thought if he came home to "Oh Hunny the girl got sick, I left it for you and its been there for 2.5 hours"! I highly doubt he would have enjoyed cleaning it up any more than I would have. But anyways, as I was doing my best to stay cool. I got sick! Yes, all over the dining room floor. Now I have always made it to the bathroom but for some reason today there was no way around it. It just happened. So I had even a bigger mess to clean up.

But thankfully its all cleaned and the floor has been mopped. My feet are tired and I can no longer eat chocolate. Eating chocolate would be a great way to spend my afternoon (I have stopped eating so much chocolate and it has really helped with my heartburn as well as cutting back on my diet coke. It was caffeine free but I cut back to one can a day instead of 3. Yes, I drank about 3 cans a day. Now down to 1 and it has helped so much)!

Oh and to make things more stressful I went to call the mother in between getting the girl changed into new clothes and mopping and ended up calling my sister instead! Their cell numbers are almost the same!

On another note. What do you think of the name Dingbang? Yes, I read that is a name. Seriously would anyone use it? Its supposedly a really old name. It comes from a Chinese origin. The meaning of the name Dingbang is protects the country. Can you imagine your name Dingbang Wynn. Don't think I could do that to my child.

1 comment:

~Dinah said...

hugs!! I hate those days when it seems like everything that can go wrong does so all at the same time!

hope you are feeling okay!