Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jesus Called

So I just thought this was a bit funny and wanted to share it.

My brother Matt graduated college this spring and found himself with 2 job offers. He new enough which one he wanted because it would pay him more in the long run. Ok so he took the offer and he worked one day. He then told the guy he needed to make more money in order to be able to pay rent and his bills. So he got a small raise! Yes, after one day! He worked the rest of that week and then he got a week off for vacation! He had the trip planned before he took the job so the boss worked it out for him. Now when I was told he would rent a house from the boss I thought that was good he found a place to live. However I thought the email said the house already had a renter but he had to move out because he was growing plants. Now my first thought was yeah, if he is growing drugs he does need to move. He can't live with my little brother!

Then a few weeks went by. I talked with family and they said the guy was still living there. I freaked out. I was like he can't stay there if he is dealing drugs and growing plants. My sister starting laughing. Here he was growing pepper plants!! Yes, the kind that you eat. That you use to make salsa!! I must have misread that email.

Well a few more weeks have gone by and my little brother was on the phone with my mom. They chatted and he told her the guy was now moved out. Plants and all. He had bible study before he left. Ok so the guy liked his religion and peppers. He was also very messy from what I was told. So my mom and my brother chatted. Then they hung up and mom did some things around the house.

About 30 minutes after that the home phone rang and my mom said the caller ID said Jesus! It was already a bit after 10pm. Now would you answer the phone? Have you ever seen the caller ID on your phone to say Jesus? I guess that's all it said was a number and Jesus! I am not sure what I would think if that happen here. So she didn't answer. I guess she thought it was just too weird. Well after the phone stopped ringing her cell phone rang. It was my little brother again. He asked her why she hadn't answered the home phone. So she told him it said Jesus!

Well it just so happens that his temporary roommate's name was JESUS! He had a home phone that was still hooked up so my little brother tried it out!

So if your caller ID said Jesus would you answer?

No comments: