Sunday, June 21, 2009

A hot day!

We had a long hot day on Saturday. We started out by having some breakfast at the Cafe. That was probably the most relaxing part of the day. Then we headed down to the park to find my parents who were setting up their food booth. Much more work then I think they thought it would be. After visiting with them and helping hang some posters up the girls and I left to find a good spot to watch the Parade. Now it was only 10:30 and we were already hot and sticky. The parade started and I was not impressed. Worse yet I could see Abby was not impressed either. So I asked her if she wanted to leave. Of course she did. So we started walking to my parent's house were we took time to cool off and use the bathroom, change Maddison. Then back to the park we went. Of course we walked!
Here are two pictures I took of the food booth. I offered to help as long I didn't do any of the money but of course I ended up doing alot of the money! We sold cheese curds, BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Soda, Water, and of course everyones favorite- Blue Bunny Ice Cream! We had 8 flavors! Oh and mom wanted to sell HUGE cookies but they weren't a big hit.

Here is a picture of Maddison relaxing in her stroller with Very Peachy Ice Cream that she decided she wasn't going to eat. So mom ate it!! It was yummy.

Abby enjoyed a long ride on a pony. The lady standing next to me even thought it was a long ride. I was a bit afraid they weren't going to let her off the pony!

So when it was Maddi's turn to ride the pony for the 1st time I told my dad that he could hold onto her. I was afraid if they went as long as Abby did I would get dizzy!

She wasn't too sure at first but once the pony started moving and gave her a nice smooth ride she seemed to enjoy it!

Here is Maddison in a baby swing at the park! This is a special swing!
A few years ago mom and dad set up a dunk tank at the park for the big day that comes around once a year! They took the profit and donated to the city. The city used the money to purchase this really nice high quality baby swing! Perfect for when we visit the park! She wouldn't look at me when I took her picture.

After Maddison enjoyed her swing ride we went back to Aunt M's house to cool off. She has wonderful AC! Maddison started to not seem like she was feeling well. We debated staying over one more night but of course Hubby missed his girls and kind of told us he wanted us to come home. So we stayed a bit longer and cleaned up our stuff. Ate some supper and headed home. Once we got home I still felt Maddison wasn't herself and felt warm. She had a fever of 101.0. So alittle tylenol and cuddles with mom and dad she went to bed at about 10:15. She got up this morning at 5am though. She wasn't too warm then. I changed her diaper and gave her juice and she went back to sleep cuddling with mom! She is still sleeping but now she is cuddling with Dad!
All in all we had a great day on Saturday even if it was hot. Today we will plan our day after we see how Maddison is feeling.
I best get busy. The quit house it no longer quit as Abby and Jade are now awake!



No comments: