Thursday, May 14, 2009

Always a Struggle


We love our Rose but each morning its a struggle to get her dressed. If I pick out her clothes its not what she wants. If I let her pick out her own clothes then I am in trouble for not helping her and she doesn't match. She pouts. Her lip sticks out. She hides in her room. There was one morning that I refused to give in to her and she sat in her room getting dressed for ONE HOUR! If its cold out she wants to dress for a heat wave and if its hot out she wants to dress like we are going to visit Alaska! I have no idea what to do with her but continue to struggle through each morning getting her dressed. She has really been into dresses but who owns a dress for every day of the week? Not anyone in this house (I am not big on dresses). I took her picture today and I think she looks really cute. This used to be The Dancer's shirt. Who wouldn't want this cute outfit? If she knew what was in my closet I think she would appreciate her clothes better. Maybe when she's older.

I will say that I am not looking forward to the fall when she joins The Dancer at the Catholic School. They have a uniform policy there. White shirts with a collar, khaki pants. Can add color by adding a blue or red plain sweatshirt or sweater. Thankfully they can also wear khaki skirts and jumpers. Any tights are allowed so you can get pretty crazy with that! I am afraid our getting dressed struggles will get worse.

2 comments:

~Dinah said...

I sometimes wish all schools would do uniforms. It would sure make things easier on parents and the kids would feel less pressure too. And we'd not see so very much inappropriate skin! It's amazing how little girls are given such inappropriate clothing options in the stores sometimes.

Nik said...

I always wished for uniforms for all schools when my daughter was younger too..even tho I came from the catholic school background (1st-7th grades) and we had ish-ugly green plaid jumpers with a white collared blouse (skirt and vest for the 7th and 8th grade girls). Sokcs had to be green, white or navy was ok..sweaters could be those 3 plain colors as well. And I hated them..but wished them for my own child..strange or what?

Lands End usually has some cute patterned tights..sweater weight ones for winter. My dd wore dresses exclusively (her choice)..never ever, not even one day, did she wear pants, for almost 4 years...ages 2 till she was almost 6..we bought most of her clothes at Lands End.....I didn't care for most store options for the bulk of her clothes....