Thursday, May 28, 2009

10 years ago

So what were you doing 10 years ago? May, 28, 1999 to be exact.

My friends and I were getting ready to enter our High School Gymnasium together for the last time. There were happy thoughts of moving on with life and being done with all that high school drama and homework. There were sad thoughts of what the future would bring for us as friends.
I think in some way we were all scared to leave High School but also excited. High School is what we knew for many years.



Some time during our High School years a teacher noticed that when one of us came around the corner so did 5 others. We were almost always together. So he started calling us the 6 peas in the pod. Today, 10 years later we still think of ourselves as the 6 peas in pod. I am forever grateful that teacher gave us that name. So you may wonder what has happened in those last 10 years. We went our ways and got to experience college life. Some went 4 years others not as long. We got jobs, started families, bought new cars, went on dates, bought homes, had children, we cried, we laughed, and we found time to stay in touch.

We've been able to enjoy each others friendship by attending parties, bridal showers, weddings, and baby showers. We've chatted on the phone, sent birthday cards, and even emails and letters.

I am forever grateful for the friends I made in High School. Those friendships could never be replaced. The memories will never be forgotten.


The 6 of us at our Senior Prom! I'm the one in purple!






June 2003! All 6 of us!
So my next question is what are you doing today? 10 years later? I am getting my Abbygail ready to graduate preschool. I am already crying!

No comments: