Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My story and picture!

So I was told I haven't updated my blog.... Hmm, I just posted yesterday. Nothing has happened since then except I received the 10 boxes of girl scout cookies I ordered. I am alittle bit bumbed to have found out that the carmel delights contain coconut. Coconut isn't something I enjoy. Oh and yes I really bought 10 boxes! When my friend's daughter asked me if I wanted to purchase any I was hungry! She was so excited when I said 10 boxes. I put some in the freezer and will also share with mother now that I find out there is coconut in the carmel delights. She likes coconut.


So anyways I was told it would be nice if I added a story and a picture to my blog today. So here is a picture of my family room. The family room does not get used at this time because of its looks and it is located in the basement. If you look closely at the picture you will see that there is a wood dresser in there. That was left here by the previous owners. I can tell you why. That things is so darn heavy we will be leaving here as well (if we ever move). There is a black futon and also a matching couch and chair. So its a bit strange a person who already has furniture for their family room wouldn't do something with it and use it. Well here's why- My sister hasn't painted it yet! If she would have gotten it painted for me when she helped paint the rest of my home we'd be able to use it. The room also needs new carpet. I think the previous owners used it as a bedroom or for a wild child. There is color crayon on the wall and stains on the carpet. You can also kind of see from the picture there are 2 different colors on the wall. Purple and funny looking beige. Our hopes in the future for our family room is to add an egress window. We have gotten an estimate but need to at least wait until Spring (if that ever comes). We have also talked about turning our basement into my daycare and removing the toys from our living room. However if I move my daycare to the basement I want a small kitchenette for making snacks and lunches (I know I am dreaming but I did say small). Most of this also depends on if our baby is a boy or girl. If its a boy The Dancer would like to move her room downstairs and give her current room to the baby. So until them we will wait to work on our family room. We also want a bathroom down there. Which we have gotten an estimate on also (wouldn't it be nice to win the lottery).
So anyways, there is the story of my family room. Its amazing how fast a person can fill up their space. I still can't believe we used to live in a house 3 times smaller than this one. I could never go back.

No comments: