Friday, March 6, 2009

The Chewable pill and Influenza A

So I just went into the bathroom and noticed a pink thing in the garbage. Kind of looked like a piece of candy. After a careful investigation I figured out what it is. Both the big girls were given chewable amoxocillin after visiting the Doctor on Monday. Rose does not like taking hers at all. Sweet Baby Girl got Liquid and also hates hers. I have to hold her down. Yesterday I caught Rose as she was going to put hers in the kitchen garbage. Well now I find one in the bathroom garbage. This is not good. I have a daycare toddler who is allergic to this kind of medication and if she would find this she would swell up like a balloon. So I have watched carefully to make sure the girls take their medication and do not lay it some place for this toddler to find it. I can tell that Rose had to of sucked on the pill for a short time. What next? You gotta love them even when they do wrong. I do give her credit for being so sneaky at 5 years old! She isn't going to like it tonight when its medicine time. She's going to have to sit with me at the table as I watch her chew it up!

Influenza A- No you do not want it. Yesterday as the day went on The Dancer kept getting worse and worse. She at one point was coughing so bad she was fighting back the tears she hurt so bad. She had a fever of 103. So Hubby took her back to the Doctor and came home later to tell me she has Influenza A. They claim we caught it yesterday at the beginning.... ok what the heck does that mean? She has been sick all week. They did give her an inhaler to help when she is coughing. I was really hoping to be at the end of this not the beginning. I feel so bad for her. She is always the one who gets the sickest. It always takes her the longest to get rid of this kind of junk as well. I am blaiming it on a poor poor immune system. Her birth mom had no prenatal care when she was pregnant with the Dancer until she was in her 8th month of pregnancy. Supposedly she didn't know she was pregnant. Well hello sister. How could you not know? Your body goes through so many changes. That is a whole different post. Anyways, I am going to check into getting her some type of vitamin or something that might help her fight off some of the little stuff or at least help her so she don't get as sick as often. So hopefully after a weekend of rest everyone will feel better soon.

And only 5 more days for Rose to take her chewable pill. They even smell like bubble gum!

No comments: