Monday, February 2, 2009

weekend review

Wow it was a busy weekend. We had out first respite care family here From Friday late afternoon until Sunday morning at 10am. It was 3 kids. So we had a house full. I felt everything went really well. Alittle bit better on Saturday but I am sure the kids were just overly excited on Friday night with all the toys and new kids to play with. My husband on the other hand didn't seem to feel it went as well as I did. He said it felt like too many kids in the house. So we'll see.

My husband traveled on Saturday about 2 hours from town leaving me home with 6 kids. Thankfully it was a nice day out the kids played outside some. My hubby went to a meeting with some fish guys he talks to on-line. I thought it was rather strange when he told me he was going. I do talk on a website with other child care providers in MN and I guess it would be the same as me meeting them. They are great to talk to. Hard sometimes to talk about work and get others prospective on different things if they are not in the same field or have the same interest. So I guess I see why he went.

Yesterday after our guests left we headed to my sisters house for lunch. Its so good to eat someone else's cooking! We had mashed potatoes, meatballs, ham, corn, and dinner rolls. My brother in law's sister was there (who I actually graduated high school with) and had brought a yummy tuna salad. My brother in law just got a new blender so he tested it out and made everyone shakes. Well actually I think he got the blender out and my sister did all the work! Typical huh, the women does all the work!

Well lastnight was a bit tough for me.... My mom has closed her Cafe. Saturday was the last day it was open. Talk is its a temporary things unless maybe someone would come along and want to buy it. Its a tough economy right now for little business to make it in. You can only raise your prices so high before people will complain. So she decided to take a break. She needs a break! She deserves it! I just felt she needed to have something to cheer her up. So I told her she could keep my Sweet Baby Girl and Rose for the evening. Its killing me. If I had a different job where someone could easily fill in for me I would be leaving here at 8am to go get my girls. They have stayed before but this time was tough. The Dancer and I went lastnight out to supper at Applebees and then rented a special movie. I felt bad she didn't get to stay but she has school today.

So tonight as soon as 5:30 hits we are hopping in the van to go get my girls. We are meeting half way at a Dairy Queen and will eat supper there. I can't wait. All the kids better be gone or they will have to wait outside.... my baby needs me!

No I would not really make kids wait outside.

No comments: