Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Alot to talk about

So there will not be a Wordless Wednesday today. I got things to say! Those of you who know me well are probably sitting back thinking when doesn't she have something to say!

Therapy!
Therapy for the girls has ended! They went last week one day and after spending an hour with the therapist the lady told Hubby they no longer needed to come back. She felt they are wonderful happy girls. They are a bit sad but they will do fine. The girls came home very mad at their dad they he canceled their next appointment. They wanted to go back and play.

The Report!!
Wow, is the first thing I have to say. I never really knew what to expect when we finally got to read the report from our Guardian at Litem. We finally got it yesterday! My phone calls paid off, about time. We found out some interesting things. Basically after reading it I have to say this:
The girls had a good mom. She did love them and I know she still does. She always tried her best to give them what they needed. However there was a day she made a not so good choice and she left a man into her life that did no good for the girls or for herself. After reading the report I have come to believe that our Gaurdian at Litem was very fond of their mother and not so fond of the boyfriend. He came with alot of issues according to the report. I feel that if their mother would have asked her boyfriend to leave and not come back we would of had a much different outcome today. It was stated in the report that their mom feared for her life if she left this man. With the Guardian at Litem being a mandated reporter I am not sure I understand why she didn't do more for their mother when she heard this. Or for that matter remove the children that were in the home. It was stated in there that their mom wanted me to have the girls. She could have cared less about Hubby or what he wanted. She felt I could provide a stable home for the girls because I also came from a stable home. I am greatful for that. This wasn't about winning or loosing. This was about two young girls who deserve the best possible life. A happy life. She loved those girls enough to give them that. She loved the girls and new that the situation she had gotten herself into was not a healthy one for them. She wanted the Guardian at Litem to grant me full custody but that was not something she could do so at this point her recommendation for the court is that both Hubby and I have Sole Physical Custody. If anything should happen to Hubby the girls will be able to remain with me. This also means if we get divorced like their mother said we would I would have just as much right to the girls as Hubby would. The second recommendation was that if their Birth Mom should come back at any time and want to see the girls she will need to go through the court system to get that right.
So the next step is we wait for the judge to sign off on the recommendation that he agrees.

1 comment:

~Dinah said...

You are a kind woman with much love in your heart for these girls and for their mother, I know you will keep the best interests of the kiddos in your heart!