Monday, December 15, 2008

Memories

Well this weekend I spent part of my time being snowed in. We got plenty of snow this weekend and I am really hoping we don't get much more.



One of the things I tried working on while I was stuck at home was cleaning my basement. The basement needs some TLC. Its partly finished but the last owners didn't seem to take care of it. We have been just using it for storage. Or more like I have been. Most of the totes say DAYCARE THINGS on them. They are full of different project ideas, worksheets and coloring books. My goal was to pick one tote and go through it and then pick another tote and do the same. Well, the first tote I picked brought back too many memories I never got beyond that one tote. It was a smaller blue tote. It was filled with High School memories. I had everything in there from sweet 16 birthday cards, my drivers Ed. book to letters from friends asking me why I was mad or telling me they were not mad. For a moment I was very sad those times had to end. I recall one time going with a few of my friends and we stoped at a gas station and bought tons of comfort food. I remember there was ice cream. I think we also went to a fast food place and got french fries. I remember driving around and pigging out. I am sure we talked about boys and who knows what else. It made me feel really old looking at all the things in the tote.



There is one thing I have learned over the years and I was reminded by it when I went through that tote. Those friendships I made in High School can never be replaced. I might make new friends as time goes on but those friendships from High School are the ones I miss most. No friendship can ever compare to those.



So to my Peas in the Pod. I miss our pigging out car rides! I found a safe place for my blue tote and who knows maybe there will be a day that I am drawn back to it to be reminded about what life was like when I was young and the wonderful friendships I made in High School.

No comments: