Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Taxes

Yes, we all love taxes. I was sitting on the floor with about 100 sales slips, grocery recipts, utility bills, and bank statements. Of course having a 4.5 year old in the house who does not sleep during nap time like the others wanted to know what I was doing. It went something like this:

rose: "What ya doing"

myself: "I am doing my work"

rose: "that's your work."

myself: "Yes, I need to sort these out into piles."

rose: "Why."

myself: "Because its for taxes."

rose: "Oh for the taxi cars ?" Now only a 4 year old would get taxi cars out of taxes.

myself: "No taxes, we pay money to the government."

rose: "You give the monies to the Govment (she giggles). That looks like FUN! Can I have a treat?"

If only sometimes we could see thing like taxes being a fun thing to work on like a 4 year old sees things.

No comments: