Wednesday, November 26, 2008

No chapstick in the Wynn house

Lastnight I had a training to attend from 6pm-9pm. Not overly excited about being gone all evening but I need the training hours so I had to go. At 5:15 the pizza was in the oven for supper and I decided to use my time wisely. I figured if I get the clothes out of the dryer and bring them upstairs maybe the laundry fairy would stop over and fold them before I got home. I needed to get the washer clothes in the dryer since I was on my last pair of clean socks! I went downstairs and I barely had the dryer door opened I screamed. I have never screamed so loud. Hubby thought I got hurt and came running. No I wasn't hurt but my clothes were. Some little girl left purple chap stick in their pocket. Oh I was not a happy person considering my hubby and I do not have many clothes. We wear the same thing over and over and over again allowing our children to have all the nice clothes. Both my hubby and I now have jeans with purple spots on them! Maybe we'll start a new trend and wear them to Thanksgiving!

So you are maybe wondering what happened. I came upstairs and had the girls put all the chap stick on the table. Now this is NOT the first time chap stick has gone through the wash. I am sure it won't be the last either. I took all the chap stick and tossed in the garbage. Rose looked at her dad and sadly said "She threw it all away". So what does hubby do. Oh he takes it out and lets them each pick one to keep. Oh them I was more angry. I'll remember that the next time he punishes them and I will go behind him and undo it.

By then it was time to go to my meeting. The whole time I was gone I felt terrible how I had left with the girls being mad at me. I got home to find them in bed and the spotted clothes still sitting where I left them. I tried spraying stain remover on them and washing them over. Some of them are still spotted.

And yes, maybe I over reacted. But we all do that at times.

No comments: