Monday, December 27, 2010

~Taco Wreath~

On Christmas Eve I had some family over to celebrate Christmas. We really already had our Christmas but we didn't want anyone to be home alone so we got together again. Of course the kids got more presents!

One of the things I made for the first time was a Taco Wreath. It got rave reviews. It is a pampered chef recipe. I forgot to take pictures but I found some on-line to show you.

Basically all you need is-

two cans of cresent rolls
2 pounds browned hambuger
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 egg white
shredded cheese
your favorite toppings
(sour cream, taco sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, olives)
Lay out the cresent rolls like this!

Then add your taco meat and shredded cheese.

Fold over the cresent rolls and brush with one egg white.
 Bake for 30 minutes at 350*
until golden brown.
Then top with your favorite toppings.
This was yummy and very filling.

We have one in the family who does not like cheese.
So I just left a small area without cheese and put a toothpick in that area so we would know.
Its hard to believe we are related because I love cheese on almost everything!
I used low fat cheese and it works great and tastes great.
However fat free cheese is not a good option if you want it to melt.

I like that this is something you can add your own toppings to after baking.
I hope to make it again sometime.

Here is another picture of the finished project.
You can put topppings right in the middle of the wreath.

Images came from on-line!

2 comments:

Full House said...

that looks very yummy!

mom4 said...

i used to make this and i was going to not to long and couldnot find how so thanks amy yummy