Thursday, November 25, 2010

~Thanksgiving~

Todays Thanksgiving will be alittle bit different than years past. We will be celebrating without my Grandpa. This is the first holiday without him. I know we'll be alright because he is watching over us. I know I might have mentioned this before but I've always called him Grandpa Turkey. That's what my kids started calling him as well. We always exchanged something Turkey on Thanksgiving. I have a couple of Turkey things in my kitchen on a shelf that he gave me. He also gave me a Thanksgiving bib the first year I had Maddison. I made sure to give him his little Turkey when I said good bye to him at the funeral. It went with him.

Even though he won't be with us today there is so much to yet be thankful for. He made it possible for me to grow up in such a wonderful loving family. I have 4 wonderful children who I could not love anymore than I already do. A husband who sometimes does what I ask! A warm house to live in. The list really could go on and on.

Here is a picture I wanted to share. We took this at my Grandpa's funeral. Its all my cousins. Of course the oldies are in the back having to stand. Then the 4 boys in the middle are all one year apart. Then of course the 3 youngest are girls!



Of coure my 4 wonderful children!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: