Saturday, November 13, 2010

~She amazes me~

It amazes me sometimes what kids really do know. Last week my grandpa passed away. We are sadly going to miss him. He tried very hard to fight cancer and in the end got much to weak to keep going. I know he is in a better place right now. He's no longer so weak.

I told the girls Wednesday night that he had passed and would no longer be with us. I told the girls Grandpa Turkey went to Heaven. I really didn't say much more than that. What do you say to a 6 and 8 year old?

So lastnight on the way to the wake service I felt the need to talk to the girls. I didn't want to get there and here they think we were going somewhere else. So I started to tell them that we would see all our family. I told them we would see Grandpa but he's not really going to be there.

I started to say "The angels came and".

Jade quickly interupted me and say "Yeah, they came and took his soul".

Then she wanted to know if his sins were forgiven.

I guess I was rather shocked she was asking me that. I guess they learn more going to a Catholic school than you think.

I asked her what she ment and she said she wanted to know that Grandpa's sins had been lifted from his heart so he could go to Heaven for sure.

Seriously, my 8 year old is asking me questions like this? I wasn't prepared.

I did tell her then about when I had gone to see Grandpa at the hospital that their minister was there and he talked with Grandpa and took care of his sins.

It worked out great that when we got there the minister was there. Jade was able to talk breifly with him and he reassured her that yes, Grandpa's sins were forgiven! Then Jade made sure to tell him she went to the Catholic School!

There was a day last week that Jade came home and told me she talked to her classmates and teacher. She asked them to help her pray for Grandpa and so they did. They said 19 Hail Mary's (one per classmate)!

That girl really does amaze me!


We really are going to miss you Grandpa but we know you are in a better place. Thank you so much for the wonderful family. You made all this possible! You must not worry about Grandma because Jade is already praying that she does ok without you here.

No comments: