Monday, November 22, 2010

~Red Mahogany~

Last week when Danny had a few days off he tried to
get some home projects finished.
 We're really good at starting things and finishing them months later.

We put in these cupboards last winter when we put our
 microwave above the stove.
They never got stained because we could
not decide on a color.



Here they are finished... red mahogany.


He rigged something up downstairs so he could
stain both sides right away.

Now look at this funny thing!
We had first tried staining this door but
did not like the color.It was too orange.
Now I have to wait for Danny to sand
this down and restain it.
Like I said we start things and it takes a
few months to get them completed!

1 comment:

Nik said...

Starting and taking months to finish ...or longer..can be the story of my home too! We ahve been working on our teeny bathroom downstairs for ..I don't even know how long. A year at least. But we are doing a cheap wood-laminate floor in the dining room, kitchen and entry over Thanksgivng weekend (our main floor). That is our project. This is due to Sugar Kittys potty issue on the carpet in the DR.

We bought the materials...cheapie cheap...and not so sure about the color, but my house will look like your cabinet there. A patchwork quilt of wood/fake wood colors. Oh well, its better than pee pee carpet. I will have to make sure I take pictures! I always forget that part!