Tuesday, November 16, 2010

~Easy Taco Pasta~




The other day I was reading Jamie's blog and she had posted this recipe and pictures! Easy Taco Pasta. At first I wasn't too sure what to think. Pasta noodles and taco meat. Then I decided I just had to try it.

I browned 1 pound of lean hamburger and 1 pound of ground turkey meat. Turkey meat is better for you but I just can't do without my hamburger. After it was all browned I took only half of it and set it aside for a later meal this week. Then with the meat I had left I added my taco seasoning.

I also made some pasta noodles.
Once the noodles and meat were all finished I put a scoop of pasta on a plate and topped it off with some meat, sour cream, and cheese.
(low fat sour cream and cheese can be used as well to lower the calories of this meal).

I have to say it was very tastey! Something different. I made this for lunch on Monday while Danny was home. But he decided to sneak a couple tortilla shells from the frig. He didn't want to try the pasta.

I give it a 5 out of 5! I am not a black olive fan but I think you could for sure add olives to this and maybe even chopped up tomatoes.

No comments: