Thursday, October 7, 2010

~Yummies~


Abby loves taking cold lunch to school.
Yesterday I tried to make it alittle more fun for her.

She got cheese and lunch meat shaped as leaves and pumpkins!
I used my mini cookie cutters to do this.

She also got crackers and grapes inside fun Tinkerbell sandwich bags.

Early this week I made mini cookies for snack. I used my mini fall cookie cutters.
I think its funny how much I used them this week.
They've been with me 5 years and this is the first time they came out of the box!

Maddi helped make the cookies and also eat them.

Mini sandwiched for lunch!
This was our Fall lunch we had after a nature walk.
Corn because the squirles like corn.
Mini pumpkin and leaf sandwiches and pretzels are our sticks we saw outside!
The kids loved this lunch!
(If I would have been thinking ahead we would of had apples instead of bananas but we had just had apples for breakfast that morning.

This week we had meatloaf! It was very tasty!
It was supposed to be for supper Sunday night but Danny found out and said he would take us out. He's not a fan of meatloaf. Well too bad he got it for supper Monday night!
For some reason I thought it tasted extra good this time. I had to try really hard not to eat too much since I am trying the weight watchers diet.

4 comments:

~Dinah said...

I actually tried your method yesterday, Brendon needed to have a packed lunch on the way to his soccer game yesterday and he hates sandwiches (we could have stopped at McD's but we are trying really hard not to do that anymore if we can help it) so I looked at my cookie cutters and made him a sandwich like that! Only all I had were Christmas cookie cutters and so he had a gingerbead man sandwich...looked kind of creepy, lol, but he was pretty excited. Until a fly sat on it and he refused to eat anymore of it!!

Oh well, I tried!

OurLittleBlessingS said...

how cute and creative!! lucky little kids to have such a creative fall themed lunch! i hope i remember to do these types of things in the next year or so for miss mia!
jess

Nik said...

Cute stuff all around! I need more cutters in themed stuff. My kids LOVE LOVe the dino sandwich cutter I got (well my DD did) at Cub for like $2...we use it every week for "Dino-toast Fridays"...and follow up with "Dino-PB & J sandwich Fridays"..very Dino here on Fridays now! Its jsut a plastic thing and I am worried we will break it! I need a whole set of cutters I think!

Are you doing the full WW thing...going to meetings and the whole deal? I wish I still had all my books from a million years ago for the points stuff. I need to drop 20-30 again and that worked for me...but I don't ahve it anymore and don't want to pay for the meetings....too cheap!
Good luck tho!!! I think I nee da food scale tho...that might help me....hmmm..a thought!

Nicci said...

Good luck with the WW. I just had a discussion with my dr about weight watchers.. He suggested it over any other diet/method. He believes that weight watchers teaches you to loose weight long term instead of dropping it like crazy then gaining it and some back. I did it for awhile online this spring, but the meetings for our area are at 5 and there is no way that I can make it to that. Good luck Amy!