Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yellow it is!

I started doing daycare 5 years ago the end of this month. Our first home as many of you know was very tiny. Rather a cute doll house than a home for a large family. All these years of doing daycare I have wanted a big table large enough to sit many small children. A school type table. Of course in the small house I knew it wasn't possible. Now the last couple of years I have been looking for a good reasonable priced one. These tables are mighty spendy.

About 2 weeks ago I found one about an hour away on craigslist. I emailed the seller and got more information. It was horrible timing and the price was high for what I wanted to spend..... roughly $250 I think. Well after some measuring and budgeting I decided it wasn't worth it because the chairs were very small for what I wanted. I was bumbed out.

Yesterday I was still searching. Bam it was there.... on craigslist.... table and chairs! I clicked on it and all it read was table and chairs. Now really how badly do you want to sell it? No measurments, nothing. Just a bad bad picture. But it was a school table. Only $100. Only 30 minutes from my home. I needed it!!! So I emailed the seller and waited for a response.

The seller replyed back with all the details... 30x72, 9 chairs but 3 styles (5 do match). I had to sweet talk with hubby. He said I could get the table!!! 

Not only did I get to enjoy 30 minutes to a near by town driving alone with the radio blarring I got free tacos! I went to the drive threw when leaving town and got my order free at Taco John's because there till broke! So a free pop and 2 tacos.

When I got to a small home with a large yard to get my table I was shocked to see that the seller was someone I knew! We had a few classes together in college. She has a seperate home for her daycare. She gave me a tour and had all her rooms done up neatly. A cute smaller 3 bedroom home. She also started daycare 5 years ago and just happens to be in another county. It was nice talking to her and she gave me some information on some upcoming trainings in her county. We also talked about getting our associations together to do a "tour of daycares" (those who wanted to participate would give a tour of their daycare to other providers and then get to see other daycares). Wow, did she have stuff! She is in the process of changing some things around so she told me to be watching craigslist as she might be adding more things!
She also showed me the table she got to replace the one she was selling. She upgraded to a round table with matching chairs.

So now here it is my new table! Yellow it is!

This was already lastnight. Maddison wouldn't eat supper
when I was gone but as soon as I got home with the
new table she was ready!
(the marking you see on the table is from an
ABC thing she had taped to the table...
it will come off once I get some goo gone).

Oh isn't she pretty!?!?!
Yellow is her name!
Oh and I got it for $90 instead of the 
$100 she was asking for.

FYI: Some of you might be thinking I spent I alot of money.
New chairs like this cost anywhere from $18-$25 each depending on where you buy them.
The tables cost roughly $110- $300+ depending on the size you want.
Then you need to think about truck load shipping which is always high priced.
I feel I saved alot of money buying this used.

1 comment:

Nik said...

Fantastic! I like the yellow!!!! And alot of chairs!! Is this going in the basement where your new stuff/area is?

$100 is a GREAT deal! Clean it up with your goo-gone and sanitize it all and you are all set!!! Good job bargain hunting!!!