Friday, August 27, 2010

~What is your thought?~

I know there are some other Mothers out there who read my blog and also some smart wise people. So any how I am looking for your thoughts.

A while back, maybe a month, Maddison was sick with a fever. Had just a bad cold type thing going on. She has seem the doctor. One of the things I commented on was that when I gave her a bath and washed her hair she got really upset like it hurt. She cried and didn't want me to wash it. I took it as she was sick and her head hurt. Mentioned it to the doctor and he agreed that it was part of the cold.

So now its still going on... she hates when I go to wash her hair. She gets upset and hold her head like it hurts her. I have washed her hair the same way for 2 years.

I have also noticed this week now that she has not wanted music on. I moved a CD player to better accomadate my needs when playing music for my daycare and she can reach it. She turns it off each time I turn it on. She acts like it hurts her head.

Also toilets- she hates to hear them flush. Tonight at the store she practically ran right threw the door. She held her head like it hurt. Which I know alot of kids dislike the noice of the loud public toilets.

I was just going to listen to a video of a child singing on the computer and she started crying until I turned it off.

So do I ignore this or do I take her to the doctor? Maybe she is just going to be more sensitive to sound. However this seems to be something that just started in the last month.

Just looking for your thoughts!

2 comments:

~Dinah said...

I have a book called Raising a Sensory Smart Child by Lindsey Biel that addresses issues like thiss. It could just be that Maddison's auditory sensory system can only take so much input. I'd take it as a really good sign that she realizes this and is able to take steps to cope without having the major meltdowns and tantrums that leave you wondering what's going on.

The head is a sensitive place too...I don't like anyone except for a hairdresser touching my head. I can't stand when the kids want to comb my hair...I can't let them, it just gives me the shivers.

To some degree most people have sensitivities to certain things, and as long as you and she can learn some coping skills that's great! But I wouldn't hesitate to mention it to your pediatritian.

Brendon is really sensitive to large, overstimulating places like Target or the grocery store...too much in sight, sound, smell...he gets overloaded and has a tantrum. We don't take him very often. That's how we've coped.

I got that book above at amazon though....it might give you some insight and there are other books too that give sensory input ideas & coping skills.

mom4 said...

i agree with little wonders it could be sensory issue but i would talk to doc and have them do a ear test . as i first read the first coupon issue sound total like ear stuff . ? i guess as it not getting better but worst i want to make sure not any issue that can be fix quick or she in pain . then go from there