Tuesday, August 31, 2010

~Birthday Barnyard~



It was fun to come up with snacks for the snack table!
We had cowpies, mini pigs in a blanket, chicken eggs, oats, straw and chicken feed.

Maddi was our little cowgirl!
Everyone who came to the party in a cowboy hat, cowboy boots,
or a farm animal on their shirt got a prize!

Uncle Matt and Mason played with his new tools!

The cow was filled with small egg music shakers!
M&M's and little toy cars!
Jade and Abby had cowgirl hats!

We had to go around the "farm" and find all the chicken eggs.
The chickens got out of the chicken coop
and laid their eggs all over!

Mason on the straw bales.
I wanted all the kids to sit for a picture.
Jade complained the straw was too pokey!
Abby, well she refused to get her picture taken.
So we didn't make a fuss.
We didn't do a family one either as I wanted to
because Danny had a fat lip!

Mason playing with his decorations!
His cow shirt got wet so he had to
change before the party even started.

I have to admit when I found out I was having a boy I was alittle scared. I don't know much anything about sports or other boy things. But I think so far we're doing alright. We made it threw the first year! I wouldn't trade my little Mason for the world. He is a keeper!

He went to the doctor yesterday for his 1 year check up and is doing great. He actually lost some weight but not enough to worry. The doctor said its normal. He sure eats though. More than his 3 sisters. He's been off formula now for a few weeks and seems to like the regular milk. However, he doesn't love his sippy cup. He's getting better but still has a bottle at nap and bedtime. (I can't remember how we did it with Maddi but she was off the bottle on her birthday and hasn't had once since)

He loves to feed himself! Which of course gets very messy. He tries to use his toddler spoon or fork and does really well for his age.

I am just so happy to be Mason's mommy! I wouldn't want it any other way.

1 comment:

mom4 said...

Amy i just love it all
wow a year doesnot seem that long ..