Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One more complete


You might remember me showing you a picture of this door. Now you get to see what we did to it!


Behind the door there are all these steps. We didn't want to completely leave the space open but wanted it to feel more open. I am not a big fan of baby gates because they are always in the way when you need to get threw. Also some kids like to try and climb them.

Our first idea was a french door of some kind. Wow, have you ever seen the prices of those? Not what I wanted to spend. So then we looked at buying a half door. Well a half door was still kind of spendy.

So Danny cut the door in half! Then I sanded it! Yes, I did a great job! Then Danny painted it.
Danny also added a small peice of trim board to the top of the door to give it a finished look.
So we probably only spent about $5.00 on this project. We had left over paint to use.
Much better than spending $380 on a french door. Oh and to be honest I think a french door might have looked to fancy for my house!
One more project complete..... too many more to go!

1 comment:

Nik said...

Very nice! We did this to a cheapie door at the bottom of my steps (the door to my playroom)...but had to cut it with tape or something on it to keep the laminate from splitting (BIL told us to do that). Then hubby did a topper as well. We also put a locking handle on the door with the lock on the side children are NOT. We also added a kitty door so the cats can get thru easily. I love it!