Friday, July 2, 2010

make-over

The last room in our basement has gotten its
make-over!
Before Picture-

The after Picture-

I think the room looks larger without that dark panneling.
As you can see this room has an egress window and thankfully that was there when we purchased the home.
We still plan to purchase a closet door for the closet that is at the end of the red wall and one for the small closet we made on the other wall. The closet was made to hide the water meter thingy! Don't want anyone to fall on it. So it will be behind a door. That way we can get to it if needed.
For time being we're going to use this area as a family room but in the future we could add a wall back up and us it as a bedroom. The floor is currently painted and once we have a couch and stuff in the room most of the floor will be covered. The FREE rug is in the picture (I posted about this awhile back)!
I think it matches great.




This door leads to the basement. Its my newest project.


Here's a sneak peak!

Don't you all just want to come see my house?
Now that you have seen so many pictures.
Maybe I will invite you!
Sometime.


I need to say that my one handed hubby has done most of the work in this last room of the basement. I helped hold some sheetrock but that is about it. My dad and brother-in-law helped put up a few boards in the ceiling and frame in the small closet. 
We did end up hiring someone to do the muding and taping. We went with a slightly textured look.
I love it! Hubby painted the walls and the floor! He got his red wall he wanted!
Hubby has gotten more done being one handed than the entire time I have known him!
Thanks Danny! You did a great job!

4 comments:

Nik said...

Looking like a half door to the basement! I have one of those! We cut the existing door and dh added a topper to it (ours was one of those cheap hollow doors with laminate on the outside..so we had to use a trick my BIL told us to cut it without the wood splitting)...but it needed a top as the door is hollow!

We also added a kitty door for the meow-meow's to get thru. I love it!

DM Selly said...

Looks great! It is always exciting to see progress of a project.

~Dinah said...

***Like***

mom4 said...

great job guys love you guys are getting things done i feel lazy listen to you keep working on things