Friday, May 21, 2010

Front yard!

When we bought our home it looked like this!
The first thing my sister said to me was
"You need to work on that landscaping,
those bushes need to go".
Well if you remember we bought our home in June of 2008!
This is what it looks like today-
Do you notice a difference?
The shrubs are gone... Thank you sister!
Moved those July 4, 2008!
On a very hot hot day!
We got a new front door!
Now we are finally moving some brick!
The brick was never in the greatest of shape
as its probably over 30 years old.
Now we don't have a truck or trailer and we actually
just finally bought a wheelbarrow this week!
So what to do with the brick?

Well I placed some here on my own before we bought the wheelbarrow!
Then I listed them on craigslist for FREE.
Someone came and got them!

Then I did another pile about the same size and
another guy came and got those!
He made sure to knock and ask if he could really have them.
He said he wanted to make sure my neighbors didn't place the ad as a joke!

Brick is almost gone! I am so happy
because on Sunday I am going to learn how to use
a HAMMER DRILL
to make a new railing for my steps.
Will be renting it from our local Home Depot at 10am.

I am on a time line here. Railing must be up before my
daycare licensor comes to visit this summer!
Oh and before my hubby has surgery on June 22.
(we do not use this door but it still needs to be done)

Then you ask what I am going to do after that-

Well I am going to fix this hole I started making in the ground for my daycare sign!

There will be a pretty border around the hole
and some flowers to add come color!

We have alot of projects going on right now and they are all half done!
Hope to have them all done by 2012!
 HA HA


PS. Still waiting for a sheetrocker! Will feed you beer
(or soda, tea, lemonade) and food in return!
Oh and some darn good company!

I guess my hubby falling and hurting his wrist in our yard wasn't the brightest idea.
Its sure slowing down this work that needs to be done.
Oh and they say 4 weeks to recover after surgery.
Yikes. That might make for a whole other post!


Side yard pictures coming soon!

No comments: