Monday, January 25, 2010

Friday

We had an interesting day on Friday. Maddison wouldn't take a nap. I tried everything from the crib to my bed and even the couch. She just wanted to cry, scream and be crabby. I finally called Hubby at work after about an hour of that because I was afraid I was going to go insane. I took her to the doctor to make sure she didn't have an ear infection. They said she had fluid behind her ear but nothing they could do about it. It wasn't an ear infection. So back home we went and still she wouldn't nap. So I gave up.

We were supposed to go to dinner with hubby's dad. He lives only 30 minutes from here and the kids really don't see him much so hubby still wanted to go even though Maddison was crabby. She napped on the way to the eating place. It was thankfully 30 minutes from our house. During our onion ring appetizer she decided it would be fun to puke all over the table. YES, at the restaurant. I was just glad we were dining downstairs. We were the only table and there is even a bathroom down there! So we cleaned her up and the mess and didn't make a big deal about it.

Her February 4th appointment can't come soon enough.

Yesterday evening hubby took her to the ER (emergency room) while having company over for a birthday party because she wasn't feeling good. She hadn't eaten anything all day and hardly drank anything. She was poking at her ears. Again we thought maybe she had an ear infection. Well the doctor Maddison saw at the ER told hubby that the Miralax she is taking could cause her to have some stomach cramps. Well she happen to poop 2 times while at the ER. She was in a much better mood after those 2 diapers. So she might of had a tummy ache. They said she didn't have an ear infection. This was also the first time we heard that stomach cramps can be a side effect to the Miralax.

Like I said her February appointment can't come soon enough.

I mean who wants to have pooping problems all their life and have a mother who now doesn't want to take you anywhere because you might puke all over.

We're pondering the idea that she can not have deep fried foods? The onion ring made her sick and also Thursday night she had a few tator tots from Taco Johns and that also made her sick. Both deep fried.

1 comment:

Nik said...

I have some tummyissues...but I am an adult so remember my system is more mature and has seen more!

But I have come to the conclusion that I can not easily do anything fried either. It makes me uncomfortable and unpleasant to be around (if ya know what I mean..UGH!. But I get unwanted tummy issues of all directions anyways, so I have mostly eliminated them (no fries for over 17 mos..and finally gave up on onion rings about 6 mos ago even tho I LOVE them but only ate rarely. Now I just gotta stop all together with the occasional Spring Roll and everything else.)

I just do better if I eat things mostly "real"..meat, veggies, fruit...with some pasta and rice in there, without alot of heavy seasoning or sauces and occasional desserts. Boring but better than the alternatives..pain, bloating, nasuea, etc....

I hope for the best for Maddison...