Saturday, January 16, 2010

Alittle news


So some of you who read my blog are family and of course already know that my Grandpa has cancer. This is my mom's dad. My Grandpa Turkey. No his lastname is not Turkey!


Years ago he started calling me Turkey as a nickname and to this day he is my grandpa Turkey. We usually give each other a Turkey gift every year on Thanksgiving.


Anyways the last few winters my grandparents have traveled to Texas to spend most of the winter there. They have met alot of people and made alot of new friends. Its great knowing they can do this and enjoy there time together.


Right before Christmas my grandpa found out he had a spot on his lung. After tests they have told him it is Stage 1. No cancer is good but stage 1 means they caught it early. They also then found a few spots on his back. So he had one round of Chemo here in his home state. After talking with doctors they found out they can still go to Texas!


Today is that day! They are leaving sometime today. I am so glad they are able to still go. Thanks to Facebook I heard the other day my cousin is going along to help grandpa drive the big truck and camper. My brother has gone before as well and my aunt and uncle.

Funny thing is today on Facebook I read another cousin had nothing to do so she is going with.


Its great that its worked out well for family to go along. I think most have gone for about a week and then they fly back into the cities.


As far as my grandpa's health goes he will do some chemo while he is in Texas. Please pray for my grandpa that he has a fast recovery.
We all miss them while they are gone but I am glad they are going and doing something they enjoy! They've worked enough years and raised their children. Now its time for them to have some fun!

No comments: