Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh Baby Oh Baby!

So just an update that I did have a doctor's appt. yesterday afternoon. I was there forever. I have to first say that I am not overly exciting about the privacy issues at my clinic. I had called with concern that I wasn't overly fond of Doctor Ditsy and how things were handled at my last appt. I assumed that talking to the OB nurse that would be confidential. I was told no questions asked if I wanted a different doctor at any time I could request one. This was when I first got pregnant with Maddison and they give you a 30 minute appt. with the nurse to go over who will be your doctor and what to expect for the next nine months. I guess that rule has changed. So my Doctor Ditsy is who I saw yesterday and she apologized to me and was overly sweet I might add. She talked so much yesterday I thought she was maybe waiting for my water to break in her office! Making up for last week I guess.

So anyways, she did agree that I have swelling in my face but does feel I had more swelling when I was pregnant with Maddison. She did agree with me that I am ready to have this baby! Of course she is still going by Sept. 2. But I guess I am over that. We agreed that I will go in on Friday morning at 7am! That's if I don't go on my own. I can tell you that if it happens in the middle of the night tonight I wouldn't be surprised. I can feel my body is trying to do something.

I am really hoping that my wonderful Hubby can hold up this time! When Maddison was born he instantly got sick. He ended up with influenza. I know he was really sick because we brought Maddison home on a Wednesday and that next day he went to the doctor. He actually took himself to the Emergency room a few days after that as well. He don't go to the doctor for nothing. So I am really hoping his time I come home with not only a healthy baby but a healthy husband. I will be busy enough with 4 kids. I don't think I want 5! At least not this weekend.

It will be interesting getting used to things the next couple of weeks. Next week I will be home with all 3 girls and baby boy! Then the week after that it will just be Maddison, Baby and I as I will send the big girls off to school. Maddison will be in shock! She has gotten so used to her sisters being home and now she will be here with just me and baby. She has really been a daddy's girl. She gets up in the morning and calls for Da Da. Hubby is of course taking tomorrow off and also Monday.

Oh and great news- Hubby is back to 40 hours a week at work! He also said yesterday there is rumor of over time in the near future! This would stink with having a newborn that he has to work some Saturdays but its so needed right now with lack of daycare kids for me to watch. I will be off work until Sept. 14 and when I re-open I will just have one 2 year old to watch. I am hoping now that I know my maternity leave dates I can get some other kids in here. I had to turn down 2 interviews because they did not have back-up care and needed someone to start August 24 as they were starting college classes. So hopefully things will turn around.

Most importantly though- Tomorrow is BABY DAY! I don't have a middle name picked out yet either. I just can't narrow it down to one. I will post pictures as soon as possible!

2 comments:

~Dinah said...

I will be anxiously waiting your li'l guy's arrival!

Glad to hear your hubby is back up to 40 hours!

Nik said...

I am sooo excited for you and all the changes for your family!!!

I an anxious for your update and pictures!

Be well and safe in your delivery!