Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Alittle bumbed out

Oh wouldn't it just be nice to know what to do sometimes. I always thought I had it all figured out but guess what, this time I don't have a clue!! Ok there I said it. I have no clue what I should do.



I will have one daycare child at this point when school starts. Ok that would be great if my husband made more money and wasn't cut back to 32 hours a week. I could enjoy the time with my little ones. I'd make a little money watching the one child. Well, that's not going to pay my bills.



So for about 2-3 weeks now I have thought about looking at the job market. I did fill out one application thinking I could work at a local hotel on the weekends cleaning rooms. Figured that way I could hide out and nobody would see me!



Well as the week started I got to thinking about how much I charge for daycare and if I had to put my kiddos in daycare where would I take them and what the cost would. So lets do the math with what I charge for 2 kids full time and what I would make off a job paying me $9.00 to work 32 hours (figuring it would be not 100% full-time), I would only make $38 a week and this is before taxes! Wow, wouldn't that make ya wanna jump out of your chair and go work outside the house! Then when the big girls are off from school I would be loosing money.... So I stressed about it some. I ate some donuts. I ate some chocolate. I drank a coke (so did not agree with me).



Then yesterday the phone rang and I felt like the big man upstairs was telling me to stick it out and keep waiting for kids. It was a call for a 3 month old daycare child. We scheduled an interview for today at 4:30.



So this afternoon I straightened up the house and dusted. I made sure the dishes were done.



Then at 4:20 I started getting butterflies in my tummy.



At 4:26 the phone rang.



"Hello".



"Hi, this is ----, we scheduled an interview for today at 4:30".



"Yes"



"Well, I found something already and won't be coming".



"Oh ok, hope it all works out for you, thanks for calling".



"Bye"



Shit now what? So much for the sign I am supposed to stay in daycare.



I do not want to put my kiddos in daycare. I know that there are some who need to. I am greatful for those who have done it and allowed me to watch their children. I have had some wonderful kids come to my home in the last 4 years.



I am back at square one. What the heck now.

Just an FYI: I have spoken the the daycare licensor and we are actually a bit lower on the number of daycares we usually have in our county. She says there just aren't as many families looking for care like there used to be. I also talked with some providers the other night and one lady will be down to 3 kids as she looses 6 kids who will go to Kindergarten.

No comments: