Friday, July 3, 2009

We made it a week!

Today I am a bit excited. One week ago today when I got up with Maddison there was something about her NUK that just grossed me out. So I said we've had enough of this and rinsed it off and tossed in the closet with the bath towels.

Back in January we took a trip to the cities area and on the way home she dropped the NUK she had and we couldn't find it. We made it home and found a new one at home. At the time we offered her a newer one that she wanted nothing to do with. She only wanted the one NUK. So both hubby and I agreed that once that one was lost that was it. We'd deal with a fussy little girl for awhile until she got over it. We were not buying another one.

Well seriously how could this thing not ever get lost? There was one night about 2 months ago it got temporally lost. I told Hubby that was ok she was old enough to go without it. He looked for it until he found it by the side of the couch under some toys. I was willing to go without but he wasn't.

Well the darn NUK wasn't getting lost so I took it away. The first night she woke up and cried and I know if we'd of given it to her she would have gone to sleep instantly but how was that going to do anything for her? So I stuck it out and after about 6 minutes Hubby said "well, we could give her the NUK". Heck no! She fell asleep about 3 minutes after that!!

She has been doing great without it and she doesn't even seem mad at me! I will say it is a bit sad though. Makes me realize how fast my baby is growing up.

1 comment:

~Dinah said...

Bittersweet, huh? Yeah that she doesn't need the nuk, but sad that she is growing up!