Monday, June 29, 2009

Busy weekend and week ahead

I can not believe the weekend is over. It went by too fast. We started out Saturday morning going to a parade and potluck. Jade was very curious what a potluck was and when we were eating she whispered to me "Is this that pot thing with luck we are going to". I love potlucks when you know who made the food! So this was a good potluck. I did though get bit by a bug at the parade. I am not sure what kind and I didn't think too much of it at the time. I mean we live in MN land of the mosquito. Well, its not looking like a mosquito bite. It was a very tiny spot on Saturday and didn't both me at all. Well come Sunday it was so itchy I could hardly stand it. Its actually a larger red spot now too. Its very sensitive around the bite area. Goes well with my swollen ankles!

Jade and Abby went to the water park Saturday night and spent some time with their grandma, aunt and 2 cousins. They had a lot of fun and stayed with them until Sunday evening. They were also able to go shopping with grandma. She gave them money to spend and Abby is still rich and didn't spend all hers but Jade managed to spend hers on a new bike! They will use the rest of the money leftover to help buy school supplies. That's what grandma suggested.

Maddison was a bit lost without her sisters. When we dropped them off I said they are going bye bye and Maddison started to cry. It was a bit fake though. She got spoiled at home with a trip to Applebees (after I already ate supper and wanted to share dessert with hubby but when we got there he ordered BBQ cheesburger. I would have much rather ate supper there as well. My leftovers didn't taste all that well. So much for going for just dessert)! Then on Sunday we went to Auntie M's house to eat stake on the grill with my family. It was very tasty. Then we got back to town in time to pick up the girls.

This week we will be busy. I have a doctor's apt. tomorrow and Maddison has her 15 month check up on Wednesday. We're a bit late on this but she went in last week on Tuesday and had a red throat so they recommended canceling her Wednesday shots and moving it to this Wednesday. I am not looking forward though to my apt. I don't want to show anyone my swollen ankles! Not even my doctor!

We'll spend some time cleaning this week. Jade wants to clean the floor by hand! She helped me last time and thankfully she wants to do it again. Saturday we are having a 4th of July party! We have no idea how many people are coming so I am trying to make a food list and I just hope I end up with enough food.

No comments: