Saturday, April 11, 2009

We're home and thankful to be!

Well it was an interesting little trip! We arrived Thursday night at the hotel around 7:30pm. We all got ready to go swimming. We weren't as excited about the room we had compared to another hotel we've stayed at in the area. Just a bit smaller and no frig for drinks. Thankfully we did have our small cooler with. The pool area was also a bit smaller. The girls enjoyed swimming. Hubby went looking for snacks after swimming and didn't think we'd like the nachos or other appetizers from the hotel restaurant so he headed down the street to Denny's. We ended up not getting our snack until 9:45 so it was a late night.

Friday morning we had a great continental breakfast at the hotel. We went to Babys R Us and saw tons of cute things. The baby clothes there are to die for! However I wasn't able to buy the baby any since I don't know what it is. I did however pick up one little outfit for Sweet Baby Girl for next winter. I love clearance. Oh and a girls outfit just in case its another girl or my sister has a girl. Its jeans and a flowery top for $3.00! Can't turn down a deal like that! We decided to wait to purchase our double stroller like we had first planned to do. I just don't think I want to spend as much as they want so I will keep looking around to see if there is something I like better.

We headed out to find a hobby shop that Hubby wanted to find. However we took a wrong turn. We stopped at Starbucks and ended up in a small fender bender. My Hubby was driving and went to back out and hit an older lady driving a 2003 station wagon. He said he looked and didn't see anyone and is thinking because her car sits lower to the ground that is why he didn't see her. Everyone is ok! That is the main thing. Our wonderful 2008 van does however have a scratch on it. Hubby felt we got the worst of the damage.

After getting over the fender bender and being thankful it didn't happen on the road we headed to Chucky E Cheese. The girls loved it. They played games and ate more pizza than I expected.

We didn't get home until about 9:30pm Friday night and Sweet Baby Girl was so happy to be home and out of the van she scooted all around the living room. She scooted further than she ever has!

I will post pictures later. Just got a call my little brother M got in trouble. I must get details. Thankfully he called his other sister because I don't think I would be as nice about it as she is being. Kids these days!

No comments: