Thursday, April 16, 2009

Vice President

Well, I am moving up in the world! I am running for Vice President! Oh no not of the United States of America but for the Crow Wing County Licensed Family Child Care Association! I did a 2 year term as Secretary and I am now completing a 1 year term as a Board Member. I have decided to try and move up the ladder and run for Vice President! We have 181 (give or take a few each month) Home Daycares in our county. As a board we plan trainings for the providers who wish to attend. We get phone calls from providers with questions on certain issues such as Daycare Assistance programs, busing issues, and behavioral things. We also coordinate a referral list for parents looking for childcare. Each month the association also puts out a newsletter that is done up by the secretary (they have the busy work). We also enter a float in the Homecoming Parade and put on a Day of the Young Child event that is like a carnival. The election will be held the last Monday of this month at a potluck dinner and meeting! Being a part of the board has been a great way for me to meet other people. Some would think the other providers are my competition but really we are a group of people working together to make a difference for the children we care for and its a great way to network with others and get new and exciting ideas!

Hubby is so far ok with the idea. He has to be since he is the babysitter when I have my 2 meetings each month (we get the summer off)! He's done great with the 3 girls when I am gone and its great for me to also get out of the house. We'll see how he does with 4 kids come fall!

No comments: