Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I am like my Mother

A few weeks ago Rose would complain she was sick every time we talked about preschool or when she thought it was preschool time. She would get really upset and tell me we needed to call the teacher that she had to stay home. We found out after 3 days of this that there was a little boy on the bus that was bothering her and she didn't like sitting next to him. So I talked with the driver. Well, last week and this week I noticed a new driver. I didn't think much of it. Yesterday Rose went to school on the bus with no problems. When she got home she told me that she couldn't sit next to her friend B because the driver said B was having a bad day. Turns out the boy she didn't want to sit with sat next to her. Rose had a terrible terrible night. She was crabby and tried to tell me preschool was over. I didn't think too much of it. Today when we had lunch I told her she needed to eat nice so she was ready for the bus. She started to cry. I asked what was wrong and she told me again that the boy bothers her. So I called her teacher and spoke to her and she is looking into who this boy is. Rose tells me he is not in her class.

The bus came and Rose asked me to go with her. I walked her to the bus and she started to cry. I picked her up and told her if she cried I would cry. That is the same thing my mom used to say to me when I was little and was upset. After I said it I couldn't believe I did. I am like my mother!

I spoke to the driver and she had Rose sit in the front by a little girl who I usually see wave to me each day Rose gets picked up. I felt terrible having her get on the bus with tears. I walked away and I cried to. No mother wants their child to be afraid to ride the bus to school. I am still struggling with the fact I can not drive her like some of the other mothers can do. I am thankful I am home with her and the other girls when they need me home. I am just sad I can not drive them to school or go to school and help in their classrooms. I do know I need to be thankful that I spend most of their time with them. I know there are alot of parents who don't get that chance. I am just struggling with this. Hopefully in time it will pass.

Rose will get off the bus at 3:15 and I will make sure I am there waiting for her!

But now I need to come to terms that I am like my mother!

No comments: