Friday, March 27, 2009

Mothers know everything!

When I got pregnant with Sweet Baby Girl my sister was also trying to get pregnant and have a baby. She had gotten pregnant just a few months after me and I was very excited for us to go through being pregnant together. However God has all the control over our lives and he decides what is best for us. Sometimes the things he decides for us to go through or not easy ones. Sometimes they are joyous.. As most of you probably know my sister had a miscarriage and we did not get that chance to go through our pregnancy together. My sister had a rocky road the last year and every day I prayed God would answer her prayers and give her the chance to be a mommy.



I was not trying to get pregnant again so quickly. When I found out I actually got alittle bit freaked out. I didn't understand why God would give me another child so soon and not my sister. I mean I already had 3 girls! I remember telling my mom I was expecting on Christmas Eve and I started crying. I was excited to have a baby again but I was so sad for my sister. I felt it was her turn.



Mothers know everything! My mother told me not to worry. She said it would be just like the last time I got pregnant. My sister would get pregnant not long after me. Years ago if someone would have told me Mothers know everything I probably would have laughed and said "Whatever". But since I have gotten older and become a mom myself I realized my Mother does usually know what she is talking about. She is usually always right.



So I waited. I prayed. My girls prayed for their Auntie. I hung a cross in my room for decoration and the Dancer said I could use it to pray at night for Auntie M. Well somewhere somehow in God's plan he answered our prayers.



My sister is PREGNANT! She is going to be a Mommy! I could not be more excited for her. I really wish I could have gotten the Dancer on video when she was told she was going to have a cousin. She was so excited. She started jumping up and down. Maybe somehow even at the age of 7 she felt too that God had answered her prayers. Now she reminds me that we pray for a healthy baby.



Everything is going very good for my sister. I know she has been worried but its in God's hands. She has actually had a few ultrasounds and the baby looks good and has a good heartbeat. She even had the chance to give her husband a scare and make him think there were twins in her tummy but she is only having one baby. I will save that story for her to tell.



So if you didn't know I am going to be a Mommy again and an Auntie, now you do. And when my Mother said it would work out like it was supposed to the first time and we could go through our pregnancies together she was right. We are about 4 weeks apart! I couldn't be any more excited for the both of us.



Please don't tell my Mother I said she is usually right.

No comments: